The process toward becoming a Big Licks franchisee begins with an initial phone call from you to inform us of your interest and desired location(s). Once we’ve had the opportunity to familiarize ourselves with each other, we will take the appropriate steps to bring your interest to fruition. The following is a general overview of the process:
1. Complete and submit the FRANCHISE APPLICATION for our review. You will offered the opportunity to complete an application and asked to provide us with third party documentation. Completion of this step is necessary in order to move forward in our process. Documentation may be, but not limited to, bank statements, verification of information provided in the application, etc.
2. Secure Big Licks approval for initial interview.
3. Complete the Request for Franchise Disclosure Document form and return to Big Licks.
4. Review the Franchise Disclosure Document making note of the items you need clarified.
5. Perform your due diligence as consistent with any investment opportunity.
6. Discovery Day. After our initial review and approval of your Application and third party information, you will receive an invitation to a Big Licks Discovery Day at our flagship shop in Old Orchard Beach, Maine. We will review your Application, financial qualifications and provide you with more specific information regarding a Big Licks Franchise. After completion of the Discovery Day, we will notify you of our Franchise Award decision.
7. Negotiate your desired territory and sign an area Development Agreement and a Franchise Agreement.
8. Execute all documents consistent with the Agreements.
9. Secure Big Licks approval for site location. We will provide guidelines for analyzing the location and will conduct a site visit.
10. Commence construction on your first Big Licks store. We will provide you with support in designing the new Shop. Construction may begin after we approve the final plans. You will work with our list of preferred providers, and in some cases, you may select your own furniture, fixtures and finishes suppliers and construction contractors.
11. Begin initial management training.
12. Open your Big Licks ice cream shop. Start manufacturing & scooping ice cream, making delicious desserts and have fun meeting your community.